PHI THETA KAPPA HONOR SOCIETY
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society exists to provide recognition for academic excellence and opportunities for all college students to grow as scholars and leaders as early as possible during their pursuit of a college degree or credential.
To be eligible for membership in a student must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework toward an associate or bachelor’s degree, must be full-time, and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5. Part-time students must have accumulated 24 credit hours and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 to be eligible to join. To continue as a member a student must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
How Do I Join?
Every semester the advisor for PTK sends a list of students who meet the above criteria to the National PTK organization. An invitation to join the National Honors Society is sent to the student via email and letter. The student must pay a one-time membership fee of $65 to join.
What are the Benefits?
- Up to $90 million in to help you complete your associate’s, bachelor’s, and even master’s degrees
- Access to nearly $46 million in transfer scholarships offered by 800 four-year colleges and universities across the country
- Leadership and service experiences that will boost your resume, making you more competitive for both PTK and non-PTK scholarships
Professional Development Opportunities
- Become an officer for one of the PTK Club chapters on campus and enhance your resume (note membership in the club is not a requirement to be a member of PTK National Honors Society)
- Service to the community - PTK clubs conduct service projects in the community
- Professional skills employers seek through PTK’s exclusive online program
- Use to search for four-year colleges and universities that are transfer-friendly and see the scholarships they offer to community college students, including those exclusively for PTK members
- Take the trickiness out of transferring and get advice from admissions pros through our exclusive online course
- Phi Theta Kappa Membership Certificate
- Recognition during chapter induction ceremony each spring
- Opportunity to wear Phi Theta Kappa graduation regalia
- Notation of membership on your college transcript
Each semester the chapter advisor(s) awards three membership scholarships to deserving students. Contact your chapter advisor for more information.
Each semester, the chapter advisor(s) designate 17 deserving students for membership fee scholarships awarded by the »Æ¹ÏÊÓÆµ Foundation. Contact your chapter advisor for more information.